Deus Ex

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
dokkktor
Genuine Member

Deus Ex

Post by dokkktor »

I am stuck on something that is probably really simple.

I finished the first part at the Statue, then went through the HQ part.

It now tells me I have to get on the boat and go to Manhattan.

I have tried everything and it doesn't let em get on the boat.

It is like there is a force field around the boat.
Can't jump on it, swim to it. - Nothing.

The only thing I can see is in the Goals screen go see Carter for weapons & stuff is still highlighted. All the rest is greyed out. But I already did that.
Carter tells me he doesn't have time for chit chat as well.

I am obviously missing something simple but what is it?

Anyone have an idea?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Been so long I can't remember, but maybe this well help: http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/deusex.php
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

dokkktor
Genuine Member

Post by dokkktor »

I have checked out numerous site with hints now.
(I checked out the one you gave me as well)

They all tell you to highlight the boat then click your use key.

The only thing I can highlight is the boat pilot who then says "Let's head out" (or something similar)

I started the game over from the beginning again and now it shows that all of my Goals have been achieved. And it still won't let me on the boat.

I am STUCKKKKKKKKK!

(And I like the game so far)
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

It's been a long time that I played (and really enjoyed) that game ... one walkthrough mentions to right-click the boat to use it ?!

One of the best games I ever bought, can't wait for part 2, I also loved System Shock 2 which is from the same developers.
Go back up and outside again, and head out of HQ and head back towards the docks. The boat to take you to the next mission is at the end of the dock, right behind where you started at. Right-click it to head out.

A lot of people have problems getting on the boat. As far as I know, this only happens in the warez versions of the game. Go buy it, it's worth it.
http://www.game-revolution.com/games/co ... x_walk.htm
I think I remember that I had some probs to figure out how to enter the boat to continue ...
Kathy
Goober Member

Post by Kathy »

I'm pretty sure you have to talk to that Big Boss twice before you go to the boat, go back in his office and see if he tells you to get out (you have your orders) or something like that anyway. :)

Oh, and you have to meet that girl in the kitchen before you go back and see the big boss also. (Can't remember her name)

Kathy
The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Post by The Wraithlord »

Yeah, make sure you talk to everyone within the HQ or wherever you might be at the time. There are a few cases in that game where you can't proceed without talking to a certain person.
In time, you too will understand what I do.