"Medal Of Honour AA" Mouse Problem/Dial Up Irritation

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Zak33

"Medal Of Honour AA" Mouse Problem/Dial Up Irritation

Post by Zak33 »

I had this on Demo, now my mate has it on his Full Retail version.

If you got a Modem this is SO MADDENING. It asks to Dial Up, you say No, then you have to click the Window in the bottom and it either boots in Small Screen/Window mode OR the mouse is no go....

NASTY

OK this is how to get shot.

Either a: Disconnect Auto Connect so it doesnt dial up (Cntrl Panel,Internet Options, Connections Tab )

or b: Try leaving it, just sit back.......seems to load the game anyway and leaves the auto dial box open doing nothing!

One bloke just posted on a Forum about Clicking to shut it down and then just SITTING AND WAITING and when the game boots the screen comes back

Perhaps we are all too impatient!

hehe

Hope it helps someone!
A little crazy, but safe enough
www.hexus.net
Zak33

Post by Zak33 »

might help if I posted the link!
http://eaworlds.boards.ea.com/messages? ... 2bjaSzQiJy^1@.ef455d8
www.hexus.net
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It's a bug in the netcode - a legacy from the early Quake3 code they used as the basis of the game(if you remember the retail release of Quake3 did the same thing until it was fixed in one of the point releases).

Basically the game ALWAYS wants to get on the net, even if you're not playing multiplayer. If you have autodialup enabled in your Windows Internet settings, Windows will try to dial the Internet whenever ANY application requests a TCP/IP connection.

Until they fix it in a patch, the quick fix is to disable autodial - you'll just have to dial your ISP manually when you want to get on the internet.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Sean

Post by Sean »

In the demo, i just went to settings, and changed my resolution. This, in turn, refreshed your screen, then you could change it back. Faster than re-loading the game in my opinion. :D
- Sean
whatever
Genuine Member

Post by whatever »

if youre still having this problem, its been fixed in the 1.11 update
Heatware
<a href="mailto:kyledthomson@hotmail.com">Email</a>
Zak33

Post by Zak33 »

Thanks Whatever
Top Dude