10 Ten Reasons to Buy MOHAA

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
glassoftea

10 Ten Reasons to Buy MOHAA

Post by glassoftea »

You might all remember how stanky I though RTCW was well, I love MOHAA. I'm on my second round of playing it on medium level this time and I really enjoy it. I think the levels are somewhat cookie cutter at times but they are well laid out and "flow" well. I've played my share of FPSes so I have an educated opinion (at least I think so). Yes, the ending does leave something to be desired but oh well; I didn't play the game just to see the ending.

So, here are my top ten reasons for you to play the game if you don't already have it.

10. You get to blow a lot of crap up
9. The guards all speak German, the realism is nice
8. The graphics are very well done, someone mentioned it before, you can see flies around the lamps and other small details that really round the game out.
7. One of the hardest FPS levels I have ever played but still felt was a great level, sniper alley
6. You get to drive several vehicles or man a gun and get to blow a lot of crap up
5. The AI can be great (it does stink at times) it will surprise you at times though
4. The replay value is high, I find myself playing levels several times over just because it was such a good level
3. The addition of the Medals adds a nice touch; they will make you want to play again to see if you can get them all
2. The weapons work nicely, the sniper rifle is great as well as the silenced handgun, you'll need to switch often depending on the situation, no just blasting your way through a level with one gun, it can be done but not as well as being smart about your selection.

And the #1 reason to buy MOHAA if you haven't already:

1. It's not RTCW!
Danielm7

Post by Danielm7 »

How about... it hard locks my entire pc every time I play it even after trying every option and new drivers for every piece of hardware I own?
glassoftea

Post by glassoftea »

Yo D7, ya gots to upgrade that commodore 64 man, it just won't run the new games anymore. JK, don't know why that is but some fellas have a hard time with certain games, me I just like to do what's under my user name. Ifin that don't fix it ya might be scarewed. *note, posted while drunk*

glass
Danielm7

Post by Danielm7 »

Yep its actually a Vic20 but I managed to shoehorn some other stuff in there. Crazy commodore mod is as follows:
1 gig duron
512 megs 0' ram
radeon 64
herc gtxp
And every other game runs fine on it but MOA, its a semi fresh install to begin with actually.
JMan
Golden Member

Post by JMan »

I just hate how the computer cheats on the hard mode. I don't mind a difficult game, but some of the stuff the comp does is ridiculous. For example, the computer can see me through foliage, knows where I am, shoots accurately while moving, and possesses a few other superhuman talents.
That plus my guys got blown up when I set charges at the anti-aircraft gun. Apparently they're not quite bright enough to try running instead of walking from explosives.
Otherwise, good game :)

JMan
"Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"
"I'm sorry, I don't listen to hip-hop."
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

I just started playing it again on my 8500 i just got and all i can say is WOW... I ran it 1024x768 16bit color last night ot get it to run smooth... I'm at 1280x1024 all eye candy maxed and its running so smooth and looks dman good i might add!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I disagree Jman. I found MOHAA to be a lot less of a "cheat" in hard mode than most other games.

I enjoyed the demo so much in hard that I'm playing the game through in hard.

Most games just make the enemy VERY invulnerable in hard mode, but although they ARE a bit more difficult to kill, they aren't supermen in MOHAA.

You sure you aren't making noise? I've found I can sneak right up to most enemies (there are some that have sensitive visual triggers) and sock them with a pistol butt ASSUMING certain conditions: you make no noise (you REALLY have to use the WALK command in MOHAA - crouching won't work) and they aren't already alert for you.

If you stir up the hornet's nest - and especially if you set off alarms, they'll be on the lookout for you.

I find it very realistic.

Yes their accurancy is a little to good, but not perfect.

I have found cover to work effectively.

Friendly AI is better than most games - first game I can remember where the friendlies are actually backing you up and not just in the way. Can't comment on them not running from the planted explosives - I lost all my guys before I got to the gun.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.