My input into the MOHAA debate

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Zak33

My input into the MOHAA debate

Post by Zak33 »

OK , I played it first (non demo) on Sunday with a friends game.

I went and got it today. Am gonna compare it to the obvious : RTCW, Q3A, Max Payne, Half Life, Saving Private Ryan (yeah a film but bl@@dy hell, you all know what I mean)

a: Graphics start out leaving me dissapointed, but then later on, when you have seend THROUGH foliage, shot through branches, failed to get stuck on "plant" textures, and been RAINED ON by mud/shingle.......its worth it.

b: Sound is singulary un impressive, BUT the quality of the music is top notch. I WANT MY AUDIGY TO EARN ITS KEEP, with a seperate amp and 4 big speakers........to be honest the result from my headphones are better. Yeah they are Sennheiser, but its the directional quality and lack of REAL SUUROUND. However the EAX works fine and Environments are great.

c: I wanna lean around walls............not just multiplayer. IN GAME

d: I am not slagging this game off, but just in case anyone is thinking I am, OMAHA BEACH was awesome beyond compare. I shall play it through a million times. The water effects, the bubbles in the sea, the (sorry its sick I know) screams and shouts of my dying fellow soldiers, the explosions.,.....and the LEVEL OF DETAIL

I actually waited for a while behind a metal "anti ram" stanchion on the beach.....and waited and waited. It never stopped, the soldiers just kept coming up the beach. Quite breath taking............and yes it took me bl@@dy ages to make it to the shingle. ANd those bloody mines.....;-)

e: I HATE THE INTERNET CONNECTION. I got cable and cos I am a cautious fellow, Zone ALarm is ALWAYS ON. It corrupts the game. SO I have to unplug CABLE and then de-activate Zone Alarm. Easy but irritating.

f: It runs a beaut on a reasonably sorted but cheap system. I built my friends PC.....Duron 1gig, 256 PC100, Mk 1 Radeon 64DDR, Live value. It looked and sounded GREAT!

g: It was £5 more than ANY othergame in the shop. But it was (sadly) worth it.

OK, my "say" is there...your go!!!!!!!!
A little crazy, but safe enough
www.hexus.net
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

Why don't you just tell ZA to allow MoH to access the net and you won't have that problem? That's what I did...
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

I lovd MoHAA i'm going through ti my second time.. Hard setting is a bitch! But it looks so much better on my 8500 than it did my 64 Meg ViVo... well that and i'm running 1280x1024 with all eye candy maxxed and tis yet to slow the 8500 down any :) I'm tryin' to get to OMAHA BEACH i absolutely loved that level... The realism was done to perfection IMHO... I had a blast hte first time on that level and i'm sure it will be even more fun this time around...
Zak33

Post by Zak33 »

Yo TUNIS........I tried setting Zone Alarm to allow it access, but I then got a graphical hitch.
For some reason even though ZA was set to allow it to access the net, it tried to put a ZA box up to warn me......I guess that what it was, but it was so distorted I couldnt see.

Took a power off to reset things. I have used ZA quite a while and this is only the second game to give it grief.......the first was Severance, Blade of Darkness. Thst just froze!

Laterz
A little crazy, but safe enough
www.hexus.net