Get out your gamepads ladies and gents, Tony Hawk 3 Rocks!

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
glassoftea

Get out your gamepads ladies and gents, Tony Hawk 3 Rocks!

Post by glassoftea »

This game is awesome plain and simple. Put dungeon siege away, put up JK2, forget about Might and Magic, get out your game pad and plug it in cause your going to need it for Tony Hawk 3.

I'm not a skateboard kind of guy, I do enjoy a great game however. I haven't played this series since it was on the play station and I'm glad I "found" it again. The game play is great, you have a ton of control to do so many variations on your moves it's unreal. Of course you could not do 50% of the things you do in real life that you can do in the game but that's most of the fun. You will need your game pad though. Trying to pull some of the tricks with a keyboard is just too hard to get down. The fun part is that it's a game in a game in a game. You have free skate but must go through the campaign mode if you want to unlock more levels. It's not all about tricks though, you must be smart enough to figure out a few simple moves to make levers turn and accomplish goals. You can unlock the second and third level just by accomplishing goals, a neat system that doesn't force you to be perfect in your scoring to move up. That ends though in the Rio level which is a competition that you have to score high enough.

Graphics are nice, every now and then you may get "stuck" but it ends once you get moving, it usually happens after a reset from a crash etc. I never had a single graphics slow down or crash. You will crash if you try and minimize the game to windows though, it won't handle that. You will see blood when you make a mistake and it will even smear on the surroundings. They are not state of the art and you will see a few jaggies but that's not what this game is about, it's the game play, not the graphics.

There is a nice tutorial, if you've never played go through it and you'll be pulling ollies and melons in no time. The learning curve is steep but if you stick with it you'll find a deep and fun game that keeps you going for days on end. You'll want to make that one more trick, make that one more objective.

Try this game, if you don't like it, check your pulse, and then try it again.

glassoftea

System ran on:

Durron 1 gig
512 Megs of pc133
Nvidia Geoforce 2 64 meg
Maxtor 7200 RPM
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

hmmm.. me thinks i need to get a gamepad :) wonder if i could manage it with my joystick though?
Schwartz

Post by Schwartz »

get out your game pad and plug it in cause your going to need it for Tony Hawk 3.

My gamepad is always hooked to my Xbox! :D

I don't have the game but I think I would probably get the Xbox version. From what I have heard it is the best version although they like the PS2 controller better for the game but that can be remedied with a converter to run the PS2 controller on the Xbox.
glassoftea

Post by glassoftea »

Pred, I'm not sure if a joystick would work or not. I think it would but probably wouldn't be as easy as the use of a gamepad. I picked up a 10 dollar gravis detonator that works like a champ.

enjoy

glassoftea