Anyone playing Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind?

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
hammer01

Anyone playing Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind?

Post by hammer01 »

It's pretty buggy but I can't stop playing it. I am running a Redguard warrior at 22nd level and I have all kinds of cool weapons and armor, just thought I would see if anyone else is playing this game. ciao
<a href="mailto:surelock3864@gmail.com">Drop Me a Line</a></br><a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php4?id=32" target="_blank"></a></br>Heatware Refs</br>
<p>
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

I finally got my copy here in Germany this wednesday, perfect timing for my 4 day weekend. I have a Dark Elf Witchhunter near lvl 5 and I know this game will keep me busy for a long time. I haven't encountered any bigger bugs so far. The gameworld is HUGE, the graphics are amazing, the weather effects are nicely done and so are the soundeffects. The storyline seems to be pretty deep from what I've seen so far.
I love the freedom you have to play which ever way you prefer. You can either follow the main plot, do some sidequests or just wander around and enjoy the world or inspect dungeons.
The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Post by The Wraithlord »

I started playing it, enjoyed for a bit, then suddenly lost interest. I think it is a little too open-ended for me. Top it off with appalling framerates.....bleh.
In time, you too will understand what I do.
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

I usually love RPG's, but they have to be a bit more exciting than MW for me. I much prefer the types of RPG's like the Fallouts or Baldur's Gates (or even the hack'n'slash ones like Diablo and Dungeon Siege), with the parties, tactical combat and isometric views that have a main story-line that moves a quicker pace. I found the combat in MW to be crappy as well, and the game overall just boring/mundane for my tastes. I know a lot of people seem to like it, but I got bored with it very quickly as I heard many others did as well, it's just not my thing...
whatever
Genuine Member

Post by whatever »

I picked it up last week. my first foray into crpg's and really like it so far. ive only joined the imperial cult and one other, but havent done any quests for them yet. just been wandering around exploring dungeons, freed a slave from someone in hla ode or something. it made me feel good :)

my character is a 5th lvl imperial knight w/ a silver long sword and a blessed shield and imperial armor.

ive tried not to steal too much, but I did murder a woman in her house in caldera and take her stuff :)
Heatware
<a href="mailto:kyledthomson@hotmail.com">Email</a>
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

That's the great thing about Morrowind: you can play whatever you're up to, the goodie hero, the sneaky thief, the stealthy assasine, the bad arse fighter or the funky mage. Be good, be evil, live your life and the population will react to it.
You can even play as a vampire, the nonplusultra outcast hated by everyone but with a nice bonus or two ... prolly the ultimate challenge to play the game. You can kill all people but one and still finish the game, so it's up to you.

Yepp, there are some bugs and annoyances but the overall gameplay makes you forget about them and continue playing.
Absolut Talent
Almighty Member

Post by Absolut Talent »

I have a blast

I use the map that came with the game, picked a spot that looked like some islands to the east and headed there. Killed some tough guys and got some cool stuff

screw the little missions, I am just gonna pick places at random on the map and head there :D
Gone for good. But never say never
Solstice
Golden Member

Post by Solstice »

I finally started to get a little bored of playing. I've invested about 50 hours now and my character is level 25. So I started messing with the TES Construction Set. It's SO fun. I built my own house in Balmora that I use to rest and store my goodies. Let me know if you want it, I'll email it to you (the plug-in is only 130k).
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Got what a F@CKED up game engine. I was tweaking a friend's system (Athlon 1.2 w/GF4 4200) and even at the lowest resolution with the distance slider turned down to 66% it SUCKS EGGS.

I installed the No-CD patch which (according to peeps on the Morrowind forums) improves performance a bit, but it's still bad.

Laggy as sin out doors. It's okay indoors. Curiously it runs smoother in first person than in 3rd person (why I dunno - not like the player model looks like it has THAT many polys).

Not my kind of game so I don't care, but does it play any better on a high end system? If I'd paid good money for that game I'd be pissed.

Oh, BTW, new OFFICIAL NVidia Detonator drivers were released today (v29.42). Word on the forums is that they're supposed to help Morrowind performance, but haven't heard anything definate.

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=drivers
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

UberNeuman
Golden Member

Post by UberNeuman »

I've been playing it, but it tends to lock up my rig... I'm hoping a patch will fix this... I got this game over GTA3 - ya, I'm the jackass that started the thread for "who's got GTA3."

I wanted to play something new, and Morrowind has got a lot going for it...

"When the going gets weird,
the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
hammer01

Post by hammer01 »

And pick up the new Morrowind Propecies guide book it will help you with some of those really hard to find things.
<a href="mailto:surelock3864@gmail.com">Drop Me a Line</a></br><a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php4?id=32" target="_blank"></a></br>Heatware Refs</br>
<p>
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

I'm in the mid 30 levels and it really starts to be fun, I am running around Vardenfell and seeking ruins and dungeons, the map from the collectors edition really helps to find places. The main storyline also gets really interesting right now. This game is real fun even though it asks for a lot of hardware when you turn up the eyecandy. Best RPG I've ever played .
Absolut Talent
Almighty Member

Post by Absolut Talent »

Originally posted by Solstice
I finally started to get a little bored of playing. I've invested about 50 hours now and my character is level 25. So I started messing with the TES Construction Set. It's SO fun. I built my own house in Balmora that I use to rest and store my goodies. Let me know if you want it, I'll email it to you (the plug-in is only 130k).
Modding is kinda fun
I am currently working on a DBZ mod so you can play as your fav charators
so far I have only completed the birthsign portion. Gives levitation and some extra strength. The Pic looks badass too
Gone for good. But never say never