Problems installing The Sims-Hot Date

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
blackhawk
Golden Member

Problems installing The Sims-Hot Date

Post by blackhawk »

Anyone here have The Sims series of games?

I've just reinstalled them after a reformat and the first three installed fine but the fourth disk, Hot Date, wont. It asks for the serial number, thats OK, then it asks for the previous disk to be inserted at which point I do that and get a "wrong disk,version etc" message box and get kicked out. Ive also tried using different disks, like the first one etc., but no go.

Im sure I installed this before but it wont go on either computer right now. These are all origonal disks.

Im pretty pissed about the copy protection too as I cant make a working copy due to the safe disk and safe disk 2 encryption on them. I've got 3 daughters and Im worried that the disk got damaged but it looks okay.

Anyone else have this problem?
I Am Canadian

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D/AMD Opteron 165(9 x 270) /2x512mb Crucial Ballistix 3200/Nvidia 7900GT/LianLi V1000 + Antec Neo/WinXPpro/ Western Digital JDKS 250gb x 2/LG 16X Multidrive/Dell 1907FP

Asus A8N-E/AMD 64 3500+(11 x 255)/2x512 Corsair XMS 3200/Antec Sonata/ATI X800XL/WinXP/Maxtor 10 300gb x 2/LG 16X Multidrive/Dell FPW2005

Heat 219-0-0
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

http://www.gamecopyworld.com use clonecd to make a copy and grab a no_cd patch so that the CD isn't needed to play the game. If you've got a legit copy they can't bitch about this...
blackhawk
Golden Member

Post by blackhawk »

The first two disks are safedisk while the last two disks are safedisk2 and I was unable to make a working copy with my plex 12x burner or 8x scsi but thought my new liteon 40x would do it. It seemed to create a good copy of the first game but I cant make a working copy with clonecd of the Hot Date disk.

I must have spent 10 disks and several hours trying this and definitely wont buy the next installment thats out.

I've emailed the company with my disk code and asked for a new disk but probably wont hear from them again.

I need more patience!! maybe.
I Am Canadian

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D/AMD Opteron 165(9 x 270) /2x512mb Crucial Ballistix 3200/Nvidia 7900GT/LianLi V1000 + Antec Neo/WinXPpro/ Western Digital JDKS 250gb x 2/LG 16X Multidrive/Dell 1907FP

Asus A8N-E/AMD 64 3500+(11 x 255)/2x512 Corsair XMS 3200/Antec Sonata/ATI X800XL/WinXP/Maxtor 10 300gb x 2/LG 16X Multidrive/Dell FPW2005

Heat 219-0-0
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

you've got a working copy... it will load and install off of that disk... what safedisk2 does is when it says you need the cd to play the game won't find that CD... That is when the nocd patches/cracks are nice. Even the games i buy legit i download the nocd cracks for. I hate having to put in a CD to play a game. Especially when i might play anywhere from 3-10 different games in one day. And you hav ea right to make a copy of anything you own for your personal use... I hate how they pull this safedisk2 shit so you can make a decent working copy...
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

My girlfriend has all of those The Sims games... She said the Hot Date is the only one that asks to put the previous disk in. She also said you need to install them in the order they came out. The sims, living large, house party, hot date. Said when it asks to put the previous version in it needs the hosue party disk. Might try going to the sims forums or something and see if anyone else is having that problem.