The Longest Journey

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Mike89

Post by Mike89 »

Anyone check out this game yet? I had never heard of it until I saw a review at Gamespot. I had actually went to
the store to get a different game and happened to see it. I looked at it for while and said, "what the hell" and
bought it. I must say I have rather gotten into it. Very different type of game from what I am used to. Not a
shooter, that's for sure. The closest thing to it would be the game 'Blade Runner', but is 3d accelerated instead of
software, and much better. This is a relaxed game with an excellent story that I am really getting into.

Definitely need FSAA. I have it running 2x2 on my Ultra and it looks great.

Info on it at [ http://www.longestjourney.com ]
HitDoS
Genuine Member

Post by HitDoS »

I also saw reviews of this game on almost every game review web site...everyone of them giving it VERY highmarks. I picked it up and tried it out. Although I am not an adventure gamer, I have really enjoyed this one. Whenever I get bored and do not feel like playing one of my other "can't save while in game" games, I put this one in.

If you like adventure games, or want to play one that is done right, you owe it to yourself to pick this one up.
Buttermaker

Post by Buttermaker »

TLJ is one of the best adventure games ever and easily the best one this year.
:jester
Mike89

Post by Mike89 »

I agree. This is one game I am really glad I bought, and I don't say that easily. I mostly play fps and tps games. This is a pleasant difference for me. This game is like reading a good book. Take your time and really get taken in by the story. With this game it's like, bring you some munchies/soda/coffee and prepare to spend some time sitting, relaxing, watching, playing, letting yourself get pulled into the story. Very nice. No way in hell my son could play this game. Hasn't got the patience for it. He'd be saying, "where the hell are the weapons and stuff to shoot"? Heh heh. Voice acting and characters are superb. I'm on the fourth level now and looking forward to playing some more.

This game is 2 gigs in size.