Cod2

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
MegaVectra

Cod2

Post by MegaVectra »

They remade some of the old maps, with a bunch a new ones. No vehicles yet, which I assume will come in an expansion pack, as UO did. A few new weapons. Great sound FX.

A few negatives. No sprint, you can't cook grenades, and the MG barrels don't overheat. Hopefully these will be patched in or out.
MegaVectra

Post by MegaVectra »

A bunch a Mods already fixed alot of the issues aboce.

Anyone else playing this?
Trianon

Post by Trianon »

not yet, maybe this weekend :)
My system:
TRS-80 microcomputer, with Z80 CPU, 4 KB RAM, 4 KB ROM, keyboard, black-and-white video display, and tape cassette
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Just started playing. Awesome game.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

lewis1987
Genuine Member

Post by lewis1987 »

hey when i play cod 2 the screen goes black and a box pops up and sais "no signal" after about 10 - 30 minites and u have to restart the pc
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"No Signal" is a mesage from your monitor. It means your monitor is not getting any signal from the video card. Sounds like your computer is crashing when you run the game.

Update your video drivers to the latest version and see if that helps. You also need to be running the latest version of DirectX which the game should have offered to install.

Hope this helps...
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Wow! What a game. I got a copy from the newsgroups to try, but the game play is so outstanding that I'm going to be buying this game in the next few days. The AI is excellent. I'm a little frustrated with the weapons, but it takes a bit to get use to them and know there limitations.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I just finished this game and I'm going to change my opinion of this game - it's OK.

What I really hate is the auto health. What they should have done is have a Medic on your team. Once the Medic dies, then you have to be ultra careful in the way you play. I also noticed that you can take quite a bit of damage from bullets which makes it seem even more unrealistic. What a shame since the game had so much potential.

I had the game set a regular difficultly, but with the auto health, I began to lose interest by the 3rd Russian mission.
The_Frapster
Golden Member

Post by The_Frapster »

Most gameplayers are just that, gamers, if you want realistic, try the harder settings. Sad to say, but video game play is getting to be more like real life, we don't care about anything else but getting what we want, and if that's taking 50 bullets to the head and still being alive, then so be it.
Run fer your lives!!! The_Frapster's Coming!!!

<a title="Click here to view my Heatware Profile" href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=28300">
[ HEATWARE.com ]</a>
<a title="Click here to view My E-bay Profile" href="http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=the_frapster&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS">
[ eBay.com ]</a></p>
rndmtask

Post by rndmtask »

Try playing Red Orchestra. Some things that turned me off of COD2 compared to Red orchestra.

1. The whole health thing. I should not be able to take a bullet to anything but maybe an arm and be able to do anything. Grazes not counting.
2. When I'm out of bullets and I pull the trigger to make sure I counted right I'm NOT expecting it to reload for me. That completely killed the immersion almost more than the health thing.
3. The machine guns seem much less accurate than in RO I don't know if thats because these are close to reality or because they didn't want it to be too easy.
4. I don't know I'm sure theres more but I only played for like 5 minutes.

Yes I do enjoy a good real simulation over a game but if I wanted a game I'd play ut2k4 or quake or something when your making a realistic game about real world situations it just feels wrong to have parts of it act unrealisticly.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I started a new game, but with the veteran difficulty, and the only difference I noticed is when you are shot, your screen turns red more easily; however, all you have to do is lay still for 5-8 seconds, and your ready to go again.

I was ready to buy this game, but the auto-health has really turned me off on this game.
123cool
Golden Member

Post by 123cool »

not a patch or "fix" or something for it? ive got this game also and ive played upto the point where you fix the communication cables but am completly bored of just being able to stand in the middle and shoot the enemys around me, not even sure if i like the grenades they instantly kill you aslong as the grenade symbol is there.
Athlon 4400 X2, @ 2.5Ghz, 1.375v validation
Corsair 3200C2 2.5-3-3-6 @ 1T Twinx 2GB,
Nvidia 7800GTX 256MB XFX @ 467/1.28,
A8N Sli Premium ASUS,
250GB Maxtor Maxline 3,
Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS.

3DMark05 = 8434

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Can you increase the difficulty in mid-game? Some modern games allow you to do that.

Would you guys recommend then to start the game at a higher difficulty? I only just started it and am just past the first mission before I got sidetracked by FEAR which I want to finish first.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yeah set it to veteran difficulty as it seems more realistic to me at that setting, and you are allowed to change the difficulty during the game (at least it did for me at the end when I finished). I also thought the game was too short. Well, maybe it's too short because of the auto-health.
MegaVectra

Post by MegaVectra »

Jump in a Tactical Realism server.