Resident Evil 7 Gameplay

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Err
Life Member

Resident Evil 7 Gameplay

Post by Err »

I finally bought this during the Steam sale. I've watched a couple of play throughs of this game but actually playing it it very intense. This game looks great on PC too and controls well with mouse and keyboard. I turned off aim assist and increased the FOV from 80 to 90. The video below is me playing my favorite part at the beginning. I put an age restriction on the video due to the violence so you'll need to log into Youtube to view it.

I captured this with MSI Afterburner. I've given up on NVidia's Share feature which hasn't worked for months. In Afterburner, you can specify NVENC H.264 if you have an NVidia card. This will use the GPU to encode the video like the Share feature used to.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Resident Evil 7 Gameplay

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wow. Very photo realistic. Not sure it's my cup of tea, but I notice there's a free demo. Might try that out to see if it's something I'll want to get into:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/53062 ... ning_Hour/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: Resident Evil 7 Gameplay

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Wow. Very photo realistic. Not sure it's my cup of tea, but I notice there's a free demo. Might try that out to see if it's something I'll want to get into:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/53062 ... ning_Hour/
The Demo is the story of a film crew that went to investigate the house before the main game takes place. It shows off the game mechanics but I can't remember if there is any combat. The combat itself is very much like other RE games. Once you get a shot in, the enemy get a few invincibility frames. You use this time to get some distance and take aim for another shot. If you keep shooting, you'll just run out of ammo. There's a lot of hidden stuff in the Demo that you probably want to consult a guide in order to 100%. It's like P.T. in that I have no idea how anyone figured out all of the secrets.