Star Citizen Land Rush

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Star Citizen Land Rush

Post by FlyingPenguin »

They've finally figured out there's no need to waste money on artists creating new ships. They can just sell virtual real estate to the suckers...
Though the Stretch Goals page on the Roberts Space Industries website shows Star Citizen's crowdfunding campaign has raised over $168 million, Now Cloud Imperium has figured out another way to raise funds for the space game besides selling virtual ship licenses. Word is they are now licensing land claims. This Q&A covers the details and this video has more. Word is: "Please Note: These claim licenses are being made available for pledging to help fund Star Citizen’s development. The ability to obtain these claim licenses will ultimately be available for in-game credits and/or otherwise earnable through play in the game. Pledging for these claim licenses now allows us to include deeper features in the Star Citizen game, and is not required for starting the game." VG247 notes that these parcels are priced like full games, ranging from $50 to $100.
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/185912/star ... -land-rush
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: Star Citizen Land Rush

Post by Genom »

Second Life.... IN SPACE
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

I am an early backer of of Camelot Unchained, which is sequel to Dark Age of Camelot, and could have bought either a store in game or a small island (don't remember) for another ~ $200.

They are actually puttering along with the development, and run alphas to test this or that frequently.

Entropia a while back -

https://singularityhub.com/2010/11/21/m ... savgumt1rw
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Coming in 3-2-1 - $$SC*COIN$$

Use all those extra GPU cycles while you are looking at pictures of your ships to mine......then use your coin to buy moar stuff. (Slight service charge to convert to game currency)