Doki Doki Literature Club

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Err
Life Member

Doki Doki Literature Club

Post by Err »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/698780/

I confess that I like the occasional visual novel. Some are kinetic meaning that you have no choice. You read a story with nice art. Some have branching paths where you attempt to make decisions to influence your desired outcome. Doki Doki Literature Club seemed on the surface to be the later. Looking at the game, it appears to be a harem comedy about joining the new literature club as the only guy and writing your way to get with one of the 4 girls. While a knew a bit about the game going in, something immediately seems off. I can't reveal what that is because of spoilers. I played though the entire game in one 3 hour setting and am blown away by the creativity that went into this game.

The game is free on Steam and offers a $9.99 Fan Pack. I immediately bought the Fan Pack after finishing the game because this developer deserves every penny.

EDIT: One Spoiler - The game does deal with mental illness and abuse in a very realistic manner. I know this may spark a bit of curiosity but the warnings given at the beginning of the game aren't a joke.