Subnautica out of Early Access Jan 23

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Subnautica out of Early Access Jan 23

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I haven't played this in a while but it looks like there's a ton of new content.

I'll have to check it out. It was looking quite promising when I stopped playing it a year ago.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018- ... rly-access
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: Subnautica out of Early Access Jan 23

Post by Genom »

Yeah I stopped and decided to wait for the story to finish so I could enjoy it properly., but it was a good bit of fun with the Vive. UI was pretty janky in VR, but if you just wanted to swim around, it felt really good.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Played a little. Much more polished. There's 4 different game modes. One of them let's you play the survival campaign WITHOUT worrying about hunger or thirst. Nice option.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It's out of early access now. Version 1.0 released.

Curiosity Kills In Subnautica, But It’s Hard To Stop Diving Back In
https://kotaku.com/curiosity-kills-in-s ... 1822378650

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

It's a fun game. I've enjoyed it.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I finally picked it up today after watching a couple streams of it. It's really addictive. I've already died 3 times. two because I wasn't watching my oxygen and one due to suicide fish. LOL!

I'm not far in as I just constructed my radiation wetsuit. The game is also beautiful. It's a nice would to get lost in. Somehow, the first complete blueprint I scanned was the coffee maker. The game knows me.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah I need to get back to it. I haven't gotten out of the shallows yet. There is a lot more to the game as you go deeper, and there is a mystery to solve with a real ending.

I get aggravated easy so I'm playing theode where food & water don't matter.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Yeah I need to get back to it. I haven't gotten out of the shallows yet. There is a lot more to the game as you go deeper, and there is a mystery to solve with a real ending.

I get aggravated easy so I'm playing the mode where food & water don't matter.
I was happy to see that the game gave players that option. I'm doing survival mode and while the food and water can be a bother, it's somewhat realistic compared with other games that try survival. I don't feel as if I'm constantly looking for water or food. Survival in this game feels like part of the game rather than something tacked on to make the game annoying.

It's nice to see early access success stories.