Astroneer 6.5.0 Update

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Astroneer 6.5.0 Update

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Looks like there's been a LOT of changes since the last time I played. You can build mobile bases on rovers now, and you have a lot more control over how you layout your bases and circuit power to everything. There's new rovers with vastly improved suspension.

You can also print large station components that are packed up to carry to another location on a rover, and then have it unpack at the destination.

I'll play around with it tonight.

https://youtu.be/sIMXrYqS2HM?t=1m45s

New rover designs:

Power splitter that let's you control how much power goes to a device, and which direction.

New platforms and storage units:
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Astroneer 6.5.0 Update

Post by Losbot »

Whoa! Gotta check this out.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Found lots of artifacts in the caves.

All base platforms can now be moved and rotated. I'm building my base in a circle facing in.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Overall I like what they've done. My only complaint is it's not clear what device (printer, fabricator, vehicle bay, etc) builds what type of device. Even the wikis aren't clear.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

It definitely looks nicer than before. I'll play once my new rig arrives on FRI and then I go through all the Windows 10 crap so that I can get comfortable with it. I have very little hands on time with Win 10.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Do yourself a favor. DO NOT connect to the Internet while installing Win10 (applies to 8.1 as well). The installation will default to a local user account (like Win7 and all previous iterations of Windows) and not nag you to setup a Microsoft account. It will also disable most of the social & phone home crap.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Oh, I'll have my other PC here pulling up the Win 10 checklist that's here on the board. Just have to search for it. No biggie.