Myst 25th Anniversary Collection

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Err
Life Member

Myst 25th Anniversary Collection

Post by Err »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... collection

This is very tempting to back but I don't know if I'd ever attempt them again. I played and beat the original back in 1997 while in collage. Anything to put off studying. I remember having to take lots of notes. I played through Riven in either 98 or 99. I had to buy a new soundcard to get Exile to work. It would crash at the same spot every time. After sending Cyan the error log, they told me is was an IRQ conflict with the on board sound. I never completed it as I got stuck on a puzzle that was randomized. Even a guide wouldn't help. I completely missed four but tried five not too long ago. The patience I have for this type of game vanished somewhere in the past 20 years. I can't be arsed to solve the moonlogic puzzles games like Myst and The Longest Journey came up with. I'd sooner play with a guide so I can enjoy the story.

One of the tiers nets you a "working" book complete with an LCD display showing a flyover of the island when you open it. I'm not sure it's work $170 though.