Father speaks out over Doki Doki Literature Club psychological horror game after death of son

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Err
Life Member

Father speaks out over Doki Doki Literature Club psychological horror game after death of son

Post by Err »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsmanc ... ar-AAz9lEq

Of course they blame the game but after reading through this article, this kid's parents had no idea what he was up to.
He said Ben inputted his mobile phone into the game and would be contacted by text message during the day and at night, often waking him up.

Mr Walmsley said: “Ben was growing up fast. It is hard for parents but this needs to be highlighted. There is no confirmation yet, but we believe that the game could be linked to Ben’s death. Characters suggest things and you decide what to do. It drags you in and they make it very real.

“Ben did not speak about it, but parents need to be aware of this game and other similar games.

“It is free to download but once you get into it, it will not leave you alone. The characters befriend and love you and give you tasks to do but if you do not do them, they turn nasty.”
I've played this game and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. First of all, there is no way to put your mobile phone into the game. That's not a feature and the entire game is 3 to 4 hours total. As far as the characters suggesting things, they do but never ask the player to harm his or her self. The "love" they show you is obsession and part of the overall plot. There are also no "tasks" to perform. This isn't an RPG, it's a visual novel with a total of 4 paths. You can choose to get closer with each of the girls which unlocks an event for each character. There is also a hidden ending which allows you stop the events in the game and get a good ending.

It's sad how the blame gets passed throughout the generations. When I was growing up, I remember Judas Priest being under fire for a kid committing suicide.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Father speaks out over Doki Doki Literature Club psychological horror game after death of son

Post by FlyingPenguin »

My parents thought the Beatles were agents of the Devil. LOL!
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: Father speaks out over Doki Doki Literature Club psychological horror game after death of son

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote:My parents thought the Beatles were agents of the Devil. LOL!
My Mom once told me about how she had a friend in high school that had all of their Beatles albums thrown out once Jon made the "bigger than Jesus" comment.

A guy I used to work with told me his mom threw out one of his Queen albums.