"Metro Exodus is terrifying, brutal, dark and unforgiving"

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

"Metro Exodus is terrifying, brutal, dark and unforgiving"

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Looking forward to this. The first two games (Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light) were just about the best single player experience I've ever had. Played them both three times through - last time in the Redux versions.

"Metro Exodus is terrifying, brutal, dark and unforgiving – I love it"
https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/30/metro-exodus-preview/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: "Metro Exodus is terrifying, brutal, dark and unforgiving"

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

And if you've never played the originals, you should. I rank them both up there with Half-Life 1/2 and Bioshock as my all time favorites.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2866 ... 033_Redux/

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Thanks. Yeah I have never played them. When were they released? I usually don't buy games when they are first released. I'd like to wait 6+ months when the price drops.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Metro 2033 is a very old game released in 2010. The sequel, Metro Last Light was released in 2013. Remastered versions of both (Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux) were released in 2014 with dramatically improved graphics.

If you bought them now, buying the Redux versions is a no-brainer.

All this got me hyped so I re-installed Metro 2033 Redux and started playing it again today.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Looks like Steam has the bundle for $30.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4 ... ux_Bundle/
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yup. I can't guarantee you'll love it like I did, but if you like an FPS with an immersive story, and some minor RPG elements (mostly modding guns) you probably will. The game is so damn spooky and atmospheric it's amazing. The audio in the game is incredible.

In addition to a difficulty level, there's two ways to play the game. One is the original Metro 2033 game mode "Survival Mode" that's very stingy with ammo and you have to resort to a lot of stealth to survive. I've played it, and it's not fun. The alternate "Spartan Mode" is more of a run and gun mode with ample ammo and supplies (oh trust me you still have to watch your ammo). You get more leeway to run and gun or use stealth at your discretion an it's definitely the way I would recommend playing the game.