Post Subnautica will be free on the Epic Store for a limited time

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post Subnautica will be free on the Epic Store for a limited time

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: Post Subnautica will be free on the Epic Store for a limited time

Post by Err »

This is very good game. I need to finish it. I think I left off after I built the submarine.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Is there an "end" to the game? Not sure you'll ever "finish" it.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

There is an end. The object of the game is to find a way off the planet. To do so, you scavenge materials and blueprints from the wreckage of your ship and previous explorers. There is something else you need to do in order to leave but that's a spoiler. There's no time limit except in repairing the ship that you were on that crashed. I don't mind giving this spoiler away because the game never tells you what to do here. You should repair the engine containment on the crashed ship or it will explode and contaminate the waters with radiation. However, should you fail to do so, you get the blueprint to make a protective suit early. If you repair in time, you don't have to worry with radiation poisoning. If you don't like the food and water management, turn them off. They aren't essential but aren't obtrusive either. They are realistic in that you don't need to drink water to eat every 5 minutes.

Sometimes I work on finding blueprints. Other times I gather materials to make a sweet base. It's a great chill game. Combat involves avoidance or hitting them with your knife a few times to scare them off.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It's up now for free on the Epic Store:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... utica/home
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "