Half Life 2 mod

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Executioner
Life Member

Half Life 2 mod

Post by Executioner »

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hl2-ep2-enha ... st-release

The goal of Half-Life 2 : MMod is to enhance and expand gunplay, combat mechanics and the immersion factor by giving the Player more options and combat opportunities as well as refine how the Player handles his arsenal. Half-Life 2 : MMod also offers minor AI enhancements, extended abilities for combine soldiers ( dynamic jumping, firing smg1 underbarrel grenades, shotgunner double blast, etc. ), multiple bug fixes, enhanced visuals, VFX re-design, sound redesign and much much more, while keeping nearly every new feature in the mod totally optional.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Half Life 2 mod

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Looks nice once I figured out how to install it.

Installation IS NOT intuitive. Here's instructions:

1. Install "Half-Life 2" game (if not already installed) and "Half-Life 2: Update" game which is free to all owners of HL2 (https://store.steampowered.com/app/2909 ... _2_Update/) or search for "half-life 2: update" in the store.

2. Install Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer (Steam->Library->Tools)

3. Run the Source SDK from the Steam Library (this will run Source Test), then close it, in order to force it to create a SOURCEMODS folder.

4. Download HL2MMod and unzip to a temp folder on your hard drive

5. Copy the >CORRECT< HL2MMod folder from where you unzipped it (it's the 2nd HL2MMod folder inside the first one - it'll be in the same folder as the README.TXT file) to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\ folder (NOTE!!!!: Even though my Source SDK and HL2 game is installed the "F:" drive, my SOURCEMODS folder was located on the C drive. That's where I had to put it - it wouldn't appear in my game library if I created a sourcemods folder on the "F" drive and put it in there).

6. Restart Steam and you should see the mod as a game in your Steam library called "Half-Life 2: MMod"
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "