Elite: Dangerous - Check in

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Losbot
Almighty Member

Elite: Dangerous - Check in

Post by Losbot »

Are any of you still playing Elite: Dangerous?
I'm trying to sort out who's who again in the game, as I have a list of people on my friends list but can't recall who they are in RL.

Mine is CMDR LOSBOT
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: Elite: Dangerous - Check in

Post by Genom »

Mine would be Gnomos or Genom or genomerio. Havent been playing, though I have been hankering o start up again.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I haven't played more than a few hours in the very early days, and I didn't have a gamepad back then.

I need to try to get back into it now that I do have a gamepad and an ultra wide screen.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

They've added A LOT to the game since it came out. You now have a lot more you can do and there's now planetary stations, so you have to go land on those or explore planet's surface if you install an SRV in your ship. One you land, you deploy it and drive around the surface.

What's become lucrative in the game lately is mining. There's a few minerals that earn about $500k - $700k per and the one everyone is after is Void Opals. There are stations paying $1.6 mil each. I've finally started getting the hang of mining. lol
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

BTW, Bob. It's pretty nice on our big ass monitors. lol
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Exploration is also paying well finally. Relearned how to fly and brought my little explorer ship back to civilization and made a few mill from random trash world scans. Put in 4-5 hours on the "road to riches" guide and made 40 mill, so I got my Diamondback explorer setup nicely, and got a Asp explorer and mostly kitted that out to try a different ship. Gonna farm up some more creds and I'll probably build a mining or tourist ship. I love the look of the Orca.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I've been running missions to get my Duke rank with the Empire so I can get the damn Imperial Cutter. :)
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

I ran into postings about the Distant Worlds expedition that started a couple weeks ago and said fuck it. I just got out to the current waypoint (6000ly out). Do some exploring later and be ready for when they anounce the next waypoint in 2 days.

I will say I had forgotten how cool this game looks on the vive. Just need to figure out a comfy setup on my Steam controller so I dont have to use the keyboard at all.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Still with the DW2 group, now at the new base by Sag-A, waiting for the base to be built up. Have made about 1 billion creds form exploration data, got my Steam controller figured out, and really enjoy just flying around for an hour with the vive. Asp ship is perfect for VR since it has a bubble style cabin with windows all around. Just wish the Vive had better resolution, but ah well.

Once I get back from this trip I'll start trying out combat since I should have more than enough credits to build u any kind of ship.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I would have liked to take part in that little excursion but I'm really focused on the core mining. I've made a little over 700mil credits just half-assing it, since I know I'm wasting a lot of time prospecting 'roids that deep down I know are not the right ones but they're close enough that I want to not pass them by without checking.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Yeah I wish I had started up again a bit sooner so that I had time to outfit a larger ship with mining gear, or better engineered the Asp's stuff. Hopefully the new base will get more mining gear outfitting stuff so I can try it out while in the area. The only thing they dont sell is the scanner, and I dont feel like a 23,000ly round trip (at 53ly per jump) to Colonia just for that

Here is a screenshot I enjoyed. Found a 4 sun system about 3000ly north of the galactic plane and 3 of them made this neat screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/ucjDqBf
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I used to play EVE... cant you fly back and bring several modules back with you to sell at the new station?
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Not ship modules, no. I mean I guess I could sell them to the station but there is no point to it. Other players cant use them.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

The market is very different in ED compared to Eve. One reason they did it was to curtail the "gold farming".