Doom megawad Eviternity hits final revision

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Doom megawad Eviternity hits final revision

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Eviternity is a megawad comprised of six 5-map episodes (called Chapters) plus two secret maps. This project exclusively uses OTEX, a brand new high quality texture pack by ukiro.

Eviternity's six chapters explore a series of unique and varied themes, each featuring classic gameplay with an interest in making each map hold its own unique identity and personality. The themes are "Medieval", "Techbase", "Icy Castles", "Industrial / Brutalism", "Hell / Gore / Alien" and "Heaven".

This project was created as a birthday gift to Doom, which is celebrating its 25th birthday on the day this was released. The texture pack used in this project, OTEX, was also released on the same day - so please do not use Eviternity as a base for your wads & mods. While mostly being a "Dragonfly project", with 24 maps being made or heavily worked on by myself, I present to you a mighty lineup of well-known guest mappers who have crafted beautiful and fun levels.
https://www.pcgamer.com/doom-megawad-ev ... -revision/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Doom megawad Eviternity hits final revision

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Not explained anywhere how to install this, so it took me a while. You Need latest GZDoom (I used the 64bit version) and you also need the Doom2.wad file.

You also need to use a special command line to load the doom2.wad and eviternity.wad:
gzdoom.exe -iwad Doom2.wad -file Eviternity.wad
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.