New noclip documentary: The Untold Story Behind Astroneer's Difficult Development

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: New noclip documentary: The Untold Story Behind Astroneer's Difficult Development

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'm at the point where I now want to build cool things, but I don't want to "cheat" and do it in creative mode. So I need a lot of soil to make basic resources.

I also want to dig a monster pit on Sylva and build some kind of base into the pit.

Some people on Reddit claim they're using the large Shuttle with a crane attached to it for large drilling operations. I thought this would be better than a rover since if you dig deep enough, it's hard to get back to the surface in a rover.

I was hoping I could dig a big hole and then fly the shuttle out. It DOES work, but you need to make sure you have clear sky above you and nothing obstructing. As you can see in the video the shuttle refused to launch until I found all the little bits of soil that were blocking the way.

And yeah, I need to install more flood lights.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: New noclip documentary: The Untold Story Behind Astroneer's Difficult Development

Post by Genom »

Dang dude, this is consuming you. Thats some crazy shit
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

THAT is too damn funny!! LMAO
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

BTW: There IS an end game. I didn't realize there was one last thing to do and then I get a long cutscene which leaves things open for more. I suspect the "more" is the fact that the developers have hinted they are going to add another solar system.

When it's done, it does drop you back in your base so you can continue playing. I did earn the Galactic Suit for finishing the game. I now have all the suits except one which is for some acheivment I haven't finished. Possibly because I didn't activate every single teleporter on every single planet.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "