Realgamer Doom Eternal Review

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Realgamer Doom Eternal Review

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Nice to hear that the jumping stuff may not be as bad as we feared. I like that you don't necessarily die if you miss a jump.

I'm holding off for now as I just started BL3, and I'm still replaying Doom 2016, but it's definitely on my virus confinement Playlist.
Jumping played quite a large part in Doom, and it’s back again in a much bigger role. Yuck! It’s not something I’m really a fan of in first-person shooter, but for the most part it’s done well. Like most things in Eternal it has been vastly reworked. You will regularly see monkey bars around the various mission areas allowing you to swing up to greater heights, or on to grabbable walls that you can scale. You now have a dash ability that allows you to propel yourself forward twice whilst airborne enabling you to reach otherwise unreachable places. Failing to make a jump, which in the previous game used to lead to your death and send you back to a loading screen has thankfully been changed. The game will now put you back to where you started. Each fall will subtract points from your armour until it is depleted. If you don’t have any armour, it will subtract points from your health instead until that is depleted. Once that happens then you are taken back to a loading screen. It’s a much better system and is very much needed, as at times the game can over use jumping puzzles some of which are a little tricky and definitely tested my patience.
https://www.realgamer.net/reviews/doom-eternal
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Realgamer Doom Eternal Review

Post by Executioner »

I'm going to hold off for a year or more until all the bugs are worked out just like the 2016 version.