System Shock Remastered Alpha Demo free on Steam

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

System Shock Remastered Alpha Demo free on Steam

Post by FlyingPenguin »

If you're a fan of System Shock, you should check it out. It looks stunning so far. Looking forward to this going final release. FYI it defaulted to 1024x768 and I had to manually select my resolution, and I could only do that when I switched to "Fullscreen" mode.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/ ... 3090506802

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: System Shock Remastered Alpha Demo free on Steam

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Looks like it's the full first level. No functioning save game though, and it forgot my keybinds when I restarted it, so I'm just playing it all the way through now. The look and feel is excellent. Very dark and moody. Definitely a nostalgia trip for those of us who loved the game. Much improved UI and controls over the original game.

It originally set all my graphics settings to Max but I'm getting a much better frame rate on high, and don't see much of a difference.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "