Doom eternal

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Key Keeper

Doom eternal

Post by Key Keeper »

Is Doom Eternal any good? last doom I played was 3, way back when. I finally have a capable machine now so looking for some good shooter games.
Executioner
Life Member

Re: Doom eternal

Post by Executioner »

You can probably pick up DOOM 2016 which I thought was very well done cheap. Should be less than $20.
Eternal is the newest version, but I have not played it. I think FP has it installed and has played it.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ya, I'm playing it now, off and on. I run into a hard spot and then put it aside for a while and come back.

I would highly recommend buying Doom 2016 first. If you like than then try Doom Eternal. I like them both. Some people don't like that there's a LOT more jumping and parkour puzzles in Eternal than there was in the first one, but I don't mind it (so far).

The games are gorgeous. No dim lighting issues like Doom3. It's more of a modern reboot for the original Doom.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'm in the cultist base which is the 3rd chapter, and I've gotta say this map is the suck with all the jumping puzzles. This looks like the one everyone was REALLY bitching about. Every section is: search for the hard to spot place where you've gotta jump and grab onto a wall, figure out how to cross an area by playing Tarzan while timing the opening of doors you need to jump through. It gets tedious. Feels more like a platformer at that point, occasionally broken up by the fun shootouts.

Almost wishthere was a cheat to bypass some of these, but I'm slogging through it in the hopes there's less of this later.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Lots of old DOOM gamers don't like that part of the game. They say it's not a true DOOM game with all that jumping.