Minecraft Underwater Evil Villain Lair

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Minecraft Underwater Evil Villain Lair

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Los and I have been working on a project in Minecraft. We raided an Ocean Monument, which is a temple located underwater, flooded, and filled with Guardians which are nasty giant fish that can kill you with a tail slap or a laser beam mounted in their heads. YES, Minecraft has giant fish with fricken' laser beams now! This is all new to us as the underwater stuff was added to the game years after we stopped playing the alpha in 2011. Ocean floor was baren back then. They didn't even have any fish back then.

So the challenge was to storm the Monument, which was a maze of small rooms. We sealed off each room one by one, killing the guardians in them, and then draining the water (they respawn in any water in and around the Monument). Took a while, and it was slow going at first.

Then we took down all the interior walls which revealed how huge the Monument is inside. It gave us a huge room to play in and we decided to turn it into an Underwater Evil Villain Lair [tm].

I built a big bay window that looks out onto the guardian altar where Guardians spawn and hang out. We built a trap right under the window that sucks the Guardians into it and kills them. Guardians drop fish and materials to build Sea Lanterns, which are bright white light cubes. Unlimited food and, after a short time, more than enough Sea lanterns to light up the whole place. Found a design for some cool chandeliers using the Lanterns.

Keeping with the evil villain lair theme, we added cages containing subjects for testing, and last night Los and I built a torture device that incinerates Villagers.

Still working on the decor, but I added some kelp lamps. I think we need cats. Lairs should have cats. :)

So you non-Minecrafters understand what's happening, the video starts in my main house (the Hard Rock Hotel) and I take a Nether portal (a teleport device) to the Monument. We originally dug a tunnel under the Monument to raid it, but it's a long distance away and that would be a long walk. I installed a Nether portal to make it easy to get there.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.