Far Cry 5 - not my cup of tea

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Executioner
Life Member

Far Cry 5 - not my cup of tea

Post by Executioner »

After finishing FC3 and 4, I decided to try FC5. The game starts with plenty of action as you escape capture, but after that, I found the game boring compared to 3 and 4. The story line is really so far fetched, and the area being Montana of all places. Not impressed with the weapons and how they are in the game. Seems the weapons are not that great compared to 4. And finishing, really? I tried it 5 times and never could get the hang of it even buying a better rod. I've probably played between 2-3 hours of the game, and just found it boring and cumbersome.

I'm going to check out a walk through video of 6 to see if that version is any better before I shell out some dough.
Err
Life Member

Re: Far Cry 5 - not my cup of tea

Post by Err »

I finished FarCry 5 but I can't say it was good. None of the weapons I found were very good. I also hate how the game railroads you into the story. After you do a certain about of damage to bases in a territory, the game hunts you down and forces you to fight one of the siblings. The story could've been good but if there was a cult that was hiding out in Montana with this much power, the entire Army would be sent in.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I meant to say "FISHING".

I'm going to watch some more videos to see if I can get more into the game, but I like to explore the area, and it seems like you said, they force you to follow the story.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

OK I finished the game. Really weird endings, and I guess there are 3 total endings. The first one is like FC4 - if you don't do anything it will end. Then there are 2 other endings when you are at the end of the game after defeating the other 3 characters in the game. I still did not like it as much as 3 or 4, but there were LOTS of places to explore.

As for FC6, not sure if I will spend any time on it as it seems more like 5 but in a different location. It's a bummer that they did not re-do FC1 with better graphics. The story in that game was top notch. You are vacationing in the tropics when you are shot at and almost died. You wake up and find a knife to start with a pistol. You don't have to worry about gathering animals or money. You simply take what is available.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, I would love to see a remaster of FC1. I have fond memories of that one. Not really impressed with any of the others.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I think what I loved the most about FC-1 is that the objectives were basically go here. You figure out how to do that.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

After watching some FC6 videos of play, I'm not going to waste my time with it. FC5 seems great when it started, but some of the nonsensical story was so unbelievable. The weapons were the same as FC4 but with new paint or skins. No knife take downs, but you do get AI support in animals such as a bear and a cougar - really? Being captured by the 3 region leaders several times and not being killed. So to me, FC5 suffers from a poor story after you survive the initial beginning of the game.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

While Elden Ring is balls hard, it's the best open world game I've played since Zelda: Breath of the Wild. There's absolutely no hand holding. The open world really helps as if you come up against a boss that's too hard, you can run away and do something else until you're strong enough to beat them. The game is frustrating at time but it's really hooked me even tough I haven't been able to put as much time it it as I'd like. Even if you've tried Dark Souls and didn't click with it, I'd suggest trying Elden Ring.

I hope someone takes the BOTW and Elden Ring formulas of an open world and makes a Far Cry like game. The thing I did like about Far Cry 5 is going taking over the bases.