Satisfactory

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Pugsley

Re: Satisfactory

Post by Pugsley »

Damn it... Now Im going to have to try this out and build huge train networks.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

OMG! This guy made me laugh my ass off.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I have seen some of his other videos doing basically the same nonsense in other games and its just as funny.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I sat down and watched some of his other videos. The one about Astroneer was great. I like how he takes these sandbox games and tries to break their physics.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:22 pm OMG! This guy made me laugh my ass off.
OMG, that was hilarious!
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

There's a great web based map editor that's useful for many things. One thing it does is unlock a full creative mode hack, for people who just want to play with architecture but don't want to worry about resources and power:
https://satisfactory-calculator.com/

I took that desert starter map I linked to earlier and enabled the three cheats that remove the requirement for power (as long as the building is connected to a power pole - even one not connected to anything else - it will get power), allows you to build anything without materials (it will still say you're missing materials, but it will allow you to place the building anyway), and unlocks the entire map.

May sit down and play with some architecture.

You can download it here: http://www.soldcentralfl.com/bob/Satisf ... andbox.zip

Speaking of amazing architecture, this guy's Sci-Fi City is amazing. He has the save available for download - there's a link in the YouTube description. Going to explore that and get some ideas:

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The only thing funnier that watching "Let's Game it Out" play Satisfactory, is watching a serious Satisfactory player and Youtuber watch and react to one of his video.

ImKibitz does videos of elegant, efficient and architecturally gorgeous factories in Satisfactory. His reactions to the horrific things Josh is doing in his video make it all the funnier. It's awesome.

As an aside, Josh from "Let's Game it Out" is good friends with the devs of the game, and apparently he is responsible for the devs making a major fix to lag in the game a couple of years ago when he lagged the game out with the "tornado tower".

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I've mentioned the Satisfactory Calculator site. I just figured out it also has the ability to save blueprints of your constructs and you can also paste other people's blueprints into your world! Blueprint catalog here: https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/blueprints

You can download the blueprint file, and then upload it to paste it into your map. It was a little arcane to figure out at first.

I was struggling with understanding trains so I found an excellent train system blueprint that circles the entire continent. Pasted that in and now I'm playing with trains. I also pasted the train network into the creative map I just started. If you just want to play around in creative I've posted it for download here: https://www.soldcentralfl.com/bob/Satis ... _Power.sav

It has a starting platform with not much on it. I pasted an awesome super compact Turbo Fuel power plant into it that I found a blueprint for, so there's plenty of power (the power plant is in the north center of the map, and it has a couple of it's own dedicated train lines for Sulfur, but not connected to the big train loop). I setup one demo train that's bringing Bauxite from the swamp area.

And this is a downloadable screenshot of the map showing the train loop, power plant in the center, and the desert work platforms:

Screenshot: https://www.soldcentralfl.com/bob/Satis ... er_Map.jpg

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

And here's a video of what my Survival game is looking like now, with the center stack of conveyors now approaching atmospheric heights, and since I've also pasted the train network into this map, I show how the trains work a bit:

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

You should sing more often in your videos. ;)

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

More adventures in Satisfactory. Update 6 is now live and out of beta.

I have essentially completed the game (all milestones done), and I have a massive factory. Now I'm mainly remodeling my satellite factories to be more compact and architecturally pretty. Also playing around with drones and trains.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Holy crap! We've created a Satisfactory monster. LOL
So do you have vast storage units to store all the excess or you just let it sit there on the line?

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

There's at least 5 containers acting as storage for each item, sometimes more. Plus what's on the line.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Another update. My third play thru. I am now very near the end game again. I have gone totally OCD, replacing all the haphazard belts with a more organized system, and labeling and color coding everything so I can figure out what's what if I return to the game later when 1.0 is released, which will be adding an optional story element.

I demonstrate the Hypertube catapults that I use to get around the map now, which are awesome once you figure out how to build them right. Best way to fly around the map. I also demonstrate the very cool Blueprint Designer which was added at the beginning of the year, and I haven't figured out how to use until now. Very useful for the late game and also if you want to play in creative mode. You can design something in the Blueprint Designer and then save it as a blueprint, then call it up from the build menu and build it (assuming you have all the materials). Despite the limitation of a small 4x4 foundation being the max size of a blueprint, it saves a lot of time, especially building tedious things. It's also fun to try to cram an entire factory into a 4x4 grid. I have blueprints for several modular sub-factories that I started using towards the end. Also I put together the blueprint for a cool starter factory module that you can plonk down in a new area, connect to a limestone, iron and copper mines, and it cranks out the six basic items you need to get started in a new area.

Ignore the framerate on the left during the video, as that's picking up the framerate of the video capture (30fps). Actual game framerate is in the upper left corner, which is a pretty steady 80 fps nowadays on this new 4090 with max eye candy. I also have a mod installed that freezes the time of day, so I don't have to worry about working in the dark.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

LMFAO