Minecraft Server

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Losbot
Almighty Member

Minecraft Server

Post by Losbot »

Are we all still using the Minecraft server? Was just thinking about it because I got an offer for $7/mo for an Astroneer server.

I personally have not been playing on the MC server.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Minecraft Server

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Just checked the player logs. I was last on July 31st. Drexul was on Sept 1st. That's the last two logins.

I'm pretty much done with it for a while. I just created a backup and labelled it world 10-12-22.zip and downloaded a copy for me. You might want to do the same.

Maybe check with Drexul, but you can kill it if you want.

I'm knee deep in Raft right now, but I'd be up for playing together in Astroneer if we can agree on a day of the week. I finished my last play through before they added trains.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'm down for Astroneer. Do we want to ditch MC for an Astro server then? Maybe on Tuesdays or Thursdays (I know Mon/Wed is taken).

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Sure. Tues or Thurs is fine with me.

My only grumble with Astroneer is that there is nothing to stop you from reaching the planet cores the easy way (once you know it). Basically you can't die from a fall if you're in a vehicle. So you take a tractor with a level 3 drill bit, 2 trailers, an RPG, whatever 2 resources you need to activate the core, and like 8 packagers so you can bring it all back with you through the gate, and you just drill straight down to the core. It's really too easy, unless you force yourself to do it the hard way.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:06 pm Sure. Tues or Thurs is fine with me.

My only grumble with Astroneer is that there is nothing to stop you from reaching the planet cores the easy way (once you know it). Basically you can't die from a fall if you're in a vehicle. So you take a tractor with a level 3 drill bit, 2 trailers, an RPG, whatever 2 resources you need to activate the core, and like 8 packagers so you can bring it all back with you through the gate, and you just drill straight down to the core. It's really too easy, unless you force yourself to do it the hard way.
Oh wow. That's way too easy. I had no idea it was that easy to basically "finish" the game.