we feel like a broken record today

Discussions and tips about Home Theatre, HDTV and DVD setups
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

we feel like a broken record today

Post by reno »

fun day hooked up my second Vizio tv today . one problem had to return it due to RF signal problem . both Sets were to close to each other . called Vizio told no way to change signal. so now we have 2 Different brand tvs both 50 inch sets . sucks to set a tv all up on a wall mount only to repack it up and exchange it . between time spent swapping them and returning and buy a new unit and rehanging the replacement 3.5 to 4 hours . then setting the extra channels up 2-3 hours . ya lots of fun first 4 hours of my day was great . the next 6 hours not so much ! some more time will be spent tomorrow adding the add on stations and typing in the reg. bs some require . :(
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: we feel like a broken record today

Post by FlyingPenguin »

RF signal? What kind of RF signal?
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

IR and both sets were being picked up by the remote's in 2 different rooms . wife used the one in the living room . and we use the bedroom remote .they turn on both tvs also change the tv setting (channels and HDMI setting .so it wasn't a good thing in are small home .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Can't be IR in two different rooms. That's strictly line of site and short range (maybe 12 feet at most).

There's a few wireless radio remotes out there, but they're rare and I certainly didn't think Vizio used them.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

per Vizio Tech help was told no way to fix this tv problem . even exchanging the tv with another of the same . we would have same problem. this was the reason we had to buy a different brand as are 2nd tv.
if he had said return one and have it exchanged we would of . as then it make sense we just got 2 factory set on the same frequency. this was not the case so we bought a 2 brand tv for are 2nd room.