Roku

Discussions and tips about Home Theatre, HDTV and DVD setups
renovation

Roku

Post by renovation »

any tricks you guys know of for a Roku ? We got one as a gift from are Daughter this Christmas !
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Umm, not sure what you mean by tricks exactly, but there is a Roku app for the iOS and the Android which allows you to use your device as a remote and playback music on that device to your Roku.
When all else fails, replace the user.
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

private channels might be what you're looking for...

http://pcabusers.org/forums/showthread. ... te+channel

there are no worthwhile hacks for a Roku that i know of...i'm happy with the way it is, plus a few channels. i use the Plex channel about 99% of the time.
renovation

Post by renovation »

i think roku will be sending me a replacement /rma the unit froze up tonight and got warm to the touch.after I unpluged and disconnected it . let it cooled down then it started working again ! but this was after I fired off a email to there tech support. I'll keep you all informed!
It was to late to call there tech support !
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
renovation

Post by renovation »

i got back home yesterday and the brand new replacement was on my desk.
set it up on the tv. Had to go online and enter a new device code at roku.com/link. found me right away so there must be a cookie on my computer. what nice is all the channels I had loaded to my account came back. sadly do all the pass codes for the pay channels have to be enter again. so keep a log to save these extra steps if it happens again.
they did ship the replacement 2 day fedex. but im lucky it arrived as they just had my first name on the shipping lable and the spelling of my street was misspelled. i know for a fact i repeated the shipping info to the service tech a min of 3 times and spelled it letter for letter 2 of the 3 times ~