TV screen cleaning

Discussions and tips about Home Theatre, HDTV and DVD setups
renovation

TV screen cleaning

Post by renovation »

need to clean are 42 inch flat panel . guess the wife some how got carpet shampoo solution on it .said something like she grab the upholstery tool and it sprayed the set . any ideas on how to fix this problem ? as in what to use to clean the screen now ?
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

LCD wipes? Or is it Plasma? If it's plasma, the screen should be glass and should be safe to clean with windex, just don't spray it on the TV and make sure it's not warm..
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Unless it's a plasma and glass, the only safe thing to use is lens cleaner/screen cleaner which is basically water with a bit of alchohol, and a microfiber cleaning cloth.

You can use 70% isopropyl alchohol (rubbing alchohol) to get stains out, but that's the strongest solvent you can safely use on an LCD screen. If that doesn't take it off, then the plastic is permanently marred I'm afraid.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

It does depend on what is in it for sure. A lightly dampened microfiber cloth with a Vinegar and Water solution is pretty good too. Then use a dry one to finish the job.
When all else fails, replace the user.
renovation

Post by renovation »

wife found my Endust for electronics . it cleaned the TV screen she also used a microfiber cleaning cloth. it worked on the LCD TV screen . :)
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help