Things to Know Before Buying a Soundbar

Discussions and tips about Home Theatre, HDTV and DVD setups
renovation

Things to Know Before Buying a Soundbar

Post by renovation »

It’s no secret that the built-in speakers in most flat-panel TVs are less than stellar. But while installing a surround sound system can transform your living room into a mini home theater, some may be reluctant to pull the trigger. Enter the soundbar – the perfect upgrade to your TV’s default speakers. If chosen wisely, they can pack a big punch. In fact, this compact piece of equipment can majorly improve dialogue clarity while providing more vibrant, full-range sound. The kicker is that they take up minimal space and are designed to flow with modern décor.

With all the available options out there, shopping for a soundbar can be slightly overwhelming. Luckily, we’ve done your homework for you. Check out the way we’ve sized up the most important things to know before purchasing a soundbar.

1. Get clear about what you want

Soundbars come in all different shapes and sizes. Some can be mounted directly onto the wall, while others are made to sit beneath your TV or rest right on top of your entertainment stand. Part of choosing the best soundbar for your needs involves taking measurements of your space. Nothing’s worse than unpacking an awesome piece of equipment only to find that it doesn’t suit with your TV and stand. Our advice? Measure the length, width and depth of your flat-panel TV and stand before shopping for a soundbar. Then use this info to help guide your search.

2. Understand the difference between active vs. passive soundbars

Soundbars are broken down as being either active or passive. Each one comes with its own unique set of perks. Active soundbars tout an all-in-one setup. This means that the speakers, amplifiers and the bits that process killer surround sound are all housed in one sleek bar. This lends itself to a more streamlined, compact look. Setup is also a cinch for active soundbars, which allow for super simple plug-and-play connectivity. If it’s clean installation and great sound quality you’re after, an active system might be the better fit for you.

Passive soundbars are different because they do not come equipped with built-in power amps. As a result, they require a separate amplifier or receiver and will need speaker wires running to either. An upside is that this provides ultra-crisp sound. The setup may be a bit more involved, but the end result also gives you more control to play around with different crossover settings and the ability to connect to more sources.
way more info here -- http://www.klipsch.com/blog/4-things-to ... -soundbar/
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Great info!
------------------------------------------