tv suckage

Discussions and tips about Home Theatre, HDTV and DVD setups
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

tv suckage

Post by reno »

4 days before Christmas and are TV crapped out . wont power up that's not the suckage - the suckage is we really didnt want to store shopping this close to Christmas . my local choices are walmart or best buy . may check out costco or sams club .looking for a 50 inch unit . not looking to break the bank on one thinking of like 4 brands , Samsung ,toshiba ,LG ,or Vizio
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: tv suckage

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Sams Club. I prefer Samsung nowadays.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

thanks FP we let are fingers do the shopping and went to Sam's retailer partner wally world . they will have the new set deliver to me tomorrow :)
my guess is its a fuse that went in the set . I'm half tempted to take the cover off and check to see . but this is a older non - wifi set so its giving me a out with the wife to join 21 century without her going apeshit about it .:)
reno

Post by reno »

why do we have these problem ! well what took out took out TV also screwed up the cable box to .
But on the bright side
we got a new tv . my son in - law got us one for Christmas. the same unit that we order this morning .
so we had to get online and cancel the one we order . the one we order was due to arrive tomorrow.
now who knows being the holiday weekend when my replacement cable box will arrive from Spectrum !
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Sounds like a surge down the cable line.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

here hoping it works -
Belkin Surge Protector w/ 8 Rotating & 4 Standard Outlets - 8ft Sturdy Extension Cord w/ Flat Pivot Plug for Home, Office, Travel, Desktop & Charging Brick - Lifetime Warranty Power Strip 4320 Joules. order 2 - BP11223008 units