"Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline

Post your book reviews here
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

"Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline

Post by FlyingPenguin »

If you love science fiction, and grew up in the 80s, you MUST read this book. It is an homage to everything 80s - but especially 80s arcade games, movies, TV series and music.

I listened to the Audible audio book version which was read by Wil Wheaton and let me tell you, that was a GREAT way to read this book. Wheaton does it justice, and I now picture him as the protagonist. There's supposedly a movie going to be made of this (I HOPE!) and I think Wheaton would be perfect except he's getting too old, although since 95% of the book takes place in a virtual world, I guess it makes no difference. They can just C.G. a 20 year old Wil Wheaton for the real world scenes.

I'm not even going to bother reviewing it. Read this review in the New York Times and the reviews on Amazon.

One of the most enjoyable books I've ever read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/books ... eview.html

http://www.amazon.com/Ready-Player-One- ... B004J4WKUQ
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

well with praise like that, i'll be checking it out. thanks for the heads up.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Put it on my wishlist. Thanks.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I read this about 6 months ago. It still comes to my mind frequently. It's a must read if you're an 80's geek. But even if not, it's a good book. I'll probably read it again some time. I certainly think this would be a great movie. I envision something similar to Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.