Flickering in Games while overclocked from 900 to 1ghz

Discussions and help regarding overclocking, motherboards, peripherals, AMD and INTEL CPU's
Cloud-X

Post by Cloud-X »

Abit Kt7-raid
900 @ 1ghz t-bird
256MB samsung ram cas2 pc100
Hercules Geforce 2 GTS 64MB (default speed)
default voltage
Case temp 71 F
Proc Temp doesn't pass 98 F

It runs fine in windows 2k. No problems at all. In games there is flickering galore. Mostly Direct 3D. What can cause that? I really want to try to fix this cause it runs soo good in 2k i dunno why it would do that in 3D.. Thanks
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

That problem is mentioned on the Hercules FAQ page. They suggest running the AGP at a 1:1 ratio. You might want to check it out for yourself at the Hercules web sight.
Cloud-X

Post by Cloud-X »

OK the textures are flickering and white or missing textures.. how do i go making hte agp ratio 1:1 ???
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

If you can adjust it, it will be in the bios I am not familar with your mobo so I don't know if there is and adjustment for it check it out and see. Good luck
Cloud-X

Post by Cloud-X »

hmm i never saw that in the bios.. :(
Schwartz

Post by Schwartz »

My D3D crap flickers on this system overclocked or not. Some sort of bug with the driver from what I have heard. There is supposed to be some trick to get around it but I forget what it was. I think I am just gonna format, I am about due for one. I can stick any Nvidia based card in this system and they all do it and it is only in D3D. Open GL stuff runs great.
Cloud-X

Post by Cloud-X »

the flickerinbg i mean is not flickering like when you diable VSync itslike really bad missing textures and they flicker on and off, i think that is different. i dunno waiting for someone that might now what that is.
Cloud-X

Post by Cloud-X »

I miss AGN, you would get help in 3 hours back in the day :(
smb
Almighty Member

Post by smb »

you can try downclocking the video card. maybe you have faulty video ram. The only time i've seen horrible video corruption was due to a burnt out Voodoo 1 (not counting pixel popping and screen tearing, but actual chunks of screen missing). Also try the reference drivers or the latest WHQL Detonators.