What kind of motherboard should I get??????

Discussions and help regarding overclocking, motherboards, peripherals, AMD and INTEL CPU's
kater1
Goober Member

Post by kater1 »

Like the title says. What kind sould I get. I want something that will handle a AMD cpu upto 1g or better. It should have USB that works. Be easy to setup, jumperless would be great. No need for sound or video onboard. I would like to use some of the parts out of my pent450 until I can afford better.

Any input would help.

Would like Performance for a small price.

KAter1@midwest.net
Biohazard

Post by Biohazard »

go over to http://www.sky-pro.net and look for the matsonic socket A mobo. It has onboard sound, but it's not that codec crap, it's a full blown sound card (a3d clone). pair that with a duron 800 and you have a decent system.
kosh
Goober Member

Post by kosh »

MSI K7T Pro 2A is a pretty good AMD SocketA Motherboard. It is jumperless, and you can do the voltage adjustment OC in the Bios, very simple. It has an onboard bootsup self diagnostic via a bunch of lights that will indicate to you if something is wrong. It has 2 USB plugs, and even though you don't want it, it has an onboard audio board.

I have been using it since December. I purchased it after researching other boards, but decided upon it because of its reputation of being one of the most stable board in the market, and also I like its jumperless feature. I looked at Asus A7V, but it cost a bit more, so does ABIT KT7. This MSI only costs me about 120 dollars. It's extremely easy to setup, I just plug everything in and it works like a charm the first time I bootup, never fails. MSI also gives you a CD full of utilities. I recommend it, and if I ever build another computer again, I'd not hestitate to get another MSI board.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

i've tried the asus a7v, abitkt7 raid and the msi pro2a
the msi was by far the easiest to set up and use - and it has onboard sound - cheaper than the other 2 and has about the same oc features - if you want and all in one solution, the integrated duron mobos will be out at the end of the 2nd q - about the same performance as the i815e, the sis chipset has on board vid, sound, lan, dvd - i have a duron 700 that;s going in one of those to replace an 810/c400 system
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>