intels next chip Core i7

Discussions and help regarding overclocking, motherboards, peripherals, AMD and INTEL CPU's
renovation

intels next chip Core i7

Post by renovation »

Intel said Sunday it plans to sell its new generation of chips for desktop computers under the established "Core" brand, with the first chips of the new line to be called Core i7.

The microprocessors are based on a design the company has code-named Nehalem and are expected to be in production the last three months of this year. Intel says the new design will deliver both high performance and energy efficiency.

Santa Clara-based Intel indicated that the Core name, already used for other chips including the popular Core 2 Duo processor, will be its flagship PC processor brand.

"Expect Intel to focus even more marketing resources around that name and the Core i7 products starting now," Sean Maloney, general manager of Intel's sales and marketing group, said in a news release.

The first chips in the new family of processors, including an "Extreme Edition" version, will carry an "i7" identifier. The identifier will be the first of several to come as different chips are launched over the next year, Intel said.

Intel is the world's No. 1 maker of microprocessors with about three-quarters of the worldwide market.
http://apnews.excite.com/article/200808 ... NIU80.html
---------------------------------------------------------------
second story on this new chip set below !

Intel Corp. will describe a new technique to drive energy efficiency in its upcoming Nehalem 45nm desktop processors which it will dub the Core i7 family at the Intel Developer Forum Aug. 19. At IDF, Intel will also reveal plans for a quad-core notebook CPU and news about its emerging line of consumer electronics chips.

The Core i7 will have an edge on AMD's latest processors because they use a 45nm process and support two-way multithreading. Quad-core desktop versions of the chips will ship by the end of the year, and Intel will detail plans for server and notebook versions at the event.

The chips are Intel's first to integrate a memory controller and high-speed, cache-coherent interconnect, following in the footsteps of archrival Advanced Micro Devices.

Intel would not reveal the nature of the new energy efficiency feature in the Core i7 chips. A company spokesman said it is not a direct evolution of the Intel's SpeedStep technology that automates frequency scaling based on workloads.

In other news, Intel is expected to talk about several system-on-chip products, mainly targeted at consumer markets. The company recently rolled out the first such x86-based SoCs for embedded systems.

At IDF, Intel will also discuss software plans for Larrabee, a multi-core x86 chip geared for graphics and expected to ship by 2010. In addition, it will describe new dimensions of its partnership with Dreamworks Animation related to Larrabee.
http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/show ... =210000564
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help