My first OC since the Celeron 300MHz to 450MHz

Discussions and help regarding overclocking, motherboards, peripherals, AMD and INTEL CPU's
Executioner
Life Member

My first OC since the Celeron 300MHz to 450MHz

Post by Executioner »

I have old pc parts laying around, including my old Asus P4PE motherboard that I bought back in 2004 used (made in 2002). It was my main rig until 2007 when I built a new one from scratch.

I also have lots of SCSI hardware laying round, so I decided to put this sucker back together. I have a SCSI raid 0 on 2 Seagate Cheetah 15k rpm 36 gig hard drives. I have 2 gigs of ram: PC3200. The only bummer is the SCSI raid card is in a 32 bit slot instead of a 64. I also installed a Plextor SCSI PXW124TS CD burner and a Plextor SCSI 32TS CD reader. These were great back in the day to rip music.

The CPU is a stock P4 2.4bGHz at 533MHz front side bus. It always ran stock when I had it. So today, I have the front side bus set at 167MHz and its running at 3.007GHz with no other adjustments other than the FSB. No other changes to the cooling either. Running an Arctic Cooler on the CPU. So far stable. So I got ~20% increase over stock. :upup
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

LOL, I've got quite a bit of SCSI equipment as well. Heck, I still run some of mine. Shame the P4's were such poor performing chips.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Hey Exec, I'm actually at my other place where I thought I had all that SCSI gear and I haven't seen hide nor hair of it.. But I'm still looking.. If it shows up, I'll give you a hollar..

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

eGoCeNTRoNiX wrote:Hey Exec, I'm actually at my other place where I thought I had all that SCSI gear and I haven't seen hide nor hair of it.. But I'm still looking.. If it shows up, I'll give you a hollar..

eGo
Yeah let me know.