Nice H2O CPU Cooler roundup at AT

Discussions and help regarding overclocking, motherboards, peripherals, AMD and INTEL CPU's
wvjohn

Nice H2O CPU Cooler roundup at AT

Post by wvjohn »

<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I've just never been able to convince myself to go H2O. The good air coolers get me plenty of OCing ability and stay quieter than my power supply.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

According to the guys at PCper.com, whose opinions I respect, there are affordable air coolers now that can usually match the performance of a water cooling system, without all the complexity.

Just doesn't seem to make much sense anymore except for bragging rights.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

I still have an old water cooling setup in all my junk that I never had the balls to use.. lol Stuffs all worthless now.. hahah
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

When I put together my current rig a year ago, I was perusing around Frys and I saw a Corsair H100i setup for dirt cheap, so I picked it up. I don't overclock, so it might be a bit overkill, but I do run an AMD FX-8150 8-core, so anything I can do to keep it cool and relatively quiet isn't a bad thing to me.

If I had had to pay full price for it? Not a chance.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I will add that the closed systems (systems sold with coolant already in the radiator/block) are kinda neat. Still, unless you are overclocking the crap out of your processor, you can do pretty well with the upper end air coolers.
Shadow250
Golden Member

Post by Shadow250 »

i use a big water 700 i think thermaltake made it. its much quieter that any air cooler ive had. had it for 5 years and still going, just have to add fluid sometimes. i get the non conductive pc ice coolant. 1 quart ($11.00) lasts me 2 years. it was designed for a am1 i think but is so close to fit am3 just needed slightly longer screws.

<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=9490"><font color=red>My Heatware<font/></a> <font color=white><font size="2"> :cool

:hic :rockon: