lesson learn tonight -

Discussions and help regarding overclocking, motherboards, peripherals, AMD and INTEL CPU's
renovation

lesson learn tonight -

Post by renovation »

dust Bunnys can overheat a cpu . been bad as of late and not been blowing off the inside of my computer like I should be. tonight I payee for it. getting freeze ups and disk errors while restarting the computer back up . chased the Dust Bunnys away and all seems to working correctly again. the cpu cooler coil was blocked solid with Duct Bunnys so air from the fan was not able to cool the copper Heat Sink Proper if at all ! time for me to take the special (shortb) after this lesson learned .
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I try to thoroughly dust mine out every 6 months. It's amazing how quick it can build up.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I vacuum all my PCs every 6 mos.
------------------------------------------

ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Ya, the other part is when they start to collect on fans. The fan blades get heavier and spin slower.
When all else fails, replace the user.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I use an air compressor with a filter attachment to block oil and water. You just don't want to over-speed the fans and eat the bearings, so I usually jam them with a finger or plastic straw.

Every 6 months or so, or whenever I have to open the case for maintenance. Easy enough to unplug it and take it to the garage.

My gaming PC has filters, but dust still gets through.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Well make sense really, most people do not have microscopic particle filters on our computers. Though filters slows the overall buildup. Many people put their computers on the floor too. That increases the amount of dust it is exposed to.
When all else fails, replace the user.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I have an Antec 182 case with several screen filters that I wash out about every other month. I let my PC go one time for 2 years before I opened it up. Dust was minimal.