Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Live

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Err
Life Member

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Live

Post by Err »

http://wccftech.com/windows-10-fall-cre ... -features/

I hope I don't have to mess with this for several months. I haven't seen one feature I'm interested in having. I see them as one more thing I have to turn off. I
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Live

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah I'm deferring upgrades. I'm 6 months behind and since I'm running Pro I can actually defer for a year. No rush. Rather let everyone else be beta testers.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

For the daring, I recommend waiting for video driver and sound card driver updates before taking the plunge. I wouldn't be surprised if one and or the other get broken.
Nuby1Canuby

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

I installed it on my Gaming rig. It failed the first time but worked fine the second time.

The AMD Radeon presets for multi monitor no longer work, since they removed the Radeon Settings Advanced options.
The Eyefinity Quick Setup seems to work fine for triple screen gaming.
Windows Display Settings seems to work fine for extending the display to the other monitors.

The microphone and audio speaker settings are working fine and I have no problems still hosting voice and game servers.

I was looking at the features and discovered you can move a Start tile on top of another to create a folder, which can hold up to 36 tiles. I didn't realize this was available on the previous Creators Content update. I'll add more programs to the start menu that I was launching from folders.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ack. I refuse to use the tiles start menu. Classic shell to the rescue.

I do use the tiles on my Surface tablet. It works well with a touch screen in tablet mode.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I haven't installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update year but the ability to enable controlled folders looks super interesting.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/m ... -now-live/