How to install install Windows 10 as clean as possible (kill all the telemetry and cloud crap)

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: How to install install Windows 10 as clean as possible (kill all the telemetry and cloud crap)

Postby FlyingPenguin » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:35 am

Pretty much. The guy who wrote classic shell stopped supporting it, but it still works. I'll keep using it until MS breaks it with some future update.
"America was always great" - Meghan McCain

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: How to install install Windows 10 as clean as possible (kill all the telemetry and cloud crap)

Postby Losbot » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:39 pm

OK. Thanks. I did skip the Classic Shell portion, as I'm going to give Win 10's interface an honest effort. If it annoys me, then oh well. Buh-Bye!

Executioner
Life Member

Postby Executioner » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 pm

Yeah, probably need an updated version since the Creator's Update and now the Spring Update. I'm still not sold on 10, even though I have it installed on a removable SSD. The other SSD has Linux Mint.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Postby Losbot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Mine actually looks similar to Win7. Traditional look. I just unpinned all the apps they had and uninstalled all the software I didn't want. Been pinning stuff I actually use.
Looks much cleaner now.

Return to “OS / Software Forum”