Microsoft to push IE7 as a "Critical" update...

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Microsoft to push IE7 as a "Critical" update...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

So disable auto-updates if you don't want the beast auto-installed.

http://www.nytimes.com/cnet/CNET_2100-7 ... 0&emc=eta1
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

TruckStuff
Golden Member

Post by TruckStuff »

You know, you'd think they would have learned from the whole WGA fiasco that they shouldn't use Automatic Updates to push software to end users like this. The worst part is going to be the total change in UI. I can already hear the phone calls I'm going to get when my friends and relatives install this without knowing what it is: "My internet looks totally different and I don't know what to do." Just kill me now. Please.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Originally posted by TruckStuff
Y"My internet looks totally different and I don't know what to do." Just kill me now. Please.
LOL
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Eventually people will get really upset about Microsoft "pushing" them around... How about a critical update that removes Internet Explorer completely :) That would fix the security problems hehe.

Also shows how anti-competitive Microsoft is by not allowing other browsers on Windows Update.
When all else fails, replace the user.
rndmtask

Post by rndmtask »

I'm pushing windows off my main box as a "critical update"