Cant Remove Trojan Clicker and PWSteal Trojans

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
joeyll
Genuine Member

Cant Remove Trojan Clicker and PWSteal Trojans

Post by joeyll »

Ok...I've just got my computer out of the shop...burnt out a video card and Norton GoBack was really screwed up..Anyway, in the process of reinstalling everything after I formated my HD I've gotten 2 trojans called TrojanClicker.Goog.100 and PWSteal.LdPinch.100. I can remove them with Trojan Hunter but I still hear the dang non stop clicking noise from the Trojan clicker. Its the most annoying thing on earth. How do I completely remove these trojans and why do they keep coming back after I remove them?? Penguin, PLEASE HELP ME!!! :(

Joey
joeyll
Genuine Member

Post by joeyll »

Nevermind...I went through Penguins Spyware Removal and found it in the Security Task Manager. It was under BitComet. I just quarantined them and that solved the problem...THANKS PENGUIN!!!

Joey
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

That penguin is one smart bird :D

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Make sure to run through the whole spyware removal procedure on my page. There are malware out there today that are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to detect and remove.

I'd recommend also running SpyCatcher since it detects a lot of rootkits, just be aware that it also picks up a lot of false positives so research anything it detects and quarantine (never delete).
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "