Outlook send/receive Setting

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Err
Life Member

Outlook send/receive Setting

Post by Err »

I've looked and looked, but I can't find the setting that you can uncheck that tells Outlook to not send an e-mail message immediately when you hit send. I know it exists because I have it unchecked on my work laptop. I always check my recipients before hitting send/receive.
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Did you send something that shouldnt have been sent? Lol, a guy here at work sent that david hasselhoff pic that says "your gay" to a customer by accident. They dont buy anything anymore....
[email="chevelle.h@gmail.com"][color="red"]MAIL[/color][/email]
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Key Keeper wrote:Did you send something that shouldnt have been sent? Lol, a guy here at work sent that david hasselhoff pic that says "your gay" to a customer by accident. They dont buy anything anymore....
I haven't sent anything I wasn't supposed to yet. I just like having that extra layer of protection in case I happen to hit "Reply to All."
darcy

Post by darcy »

here is what i found for outlook 2007:

1. Go to Tools > Rules and Alerts.
2. Click New Rule.
3. Select Check messages after sending and then click Next.
4. Click Next again. When Outlook confirms that you want this rule to apply to every message you send, click Yes.
5. Check the checkbox next to defer delivery by a number of minutes.
6. Click on “a number of” and choose how many minutes you want mail to be delayed.
7. Click Finish.
8. If your mail server is Microsoft Exchange, Outlook will tell you that this is a client-side rule, which is fine; click OK.
9. Click OK to close the Rules and Alerts window.

Note that Outlook needs to be running in order to actually send the message, so you should leave Outlook open until the message leaves the Outbox.

caveat: the delay isn't actual minutes but is instead clock minutes. This means that if you have a 1 minute delay set and you click the send button at 12:12:50, your email will send after 10 seconds as soon as the minute advances from 12 to 13.

~ is that what ur lookin' for, Err?
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
fords8

Post by fords8 »

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Thanks All. The "Send Immediately When Connected" option is what I was looking for.