Dell BIOS update borks PCs

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Dell BIOS update borks PCs

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Re: Dell BIOS update borks PCs

Post by GuardianAsher »

Dell consumer support has always been utter crap. Sad days were had whenever I had to call Dell on behalf of a customer's PC issue that was covered under warranty (only done for really good customers, mind. Others I'd leave to the wolves).

However, Dell Enterprise support is amazing. I don't have to deal with them often, but when I do it is the most pleasant experience. I write up an e-mail explaining the issue I'm having as well as the diagnostic steps I've taken to try and troubleshoot/solve the issue, and if I need a part it's usually a no-questions-asked kind of thing, overnight the part, get the PC fixed, and away we go.

Of course, when a company orders literally millions of dollars worth of PCs a month like mine does, I suppose we are bound to get some decent support.