Tablet mode in Win10 is much improved

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Tablet mode in Win10 is much improved

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I have two Windows 2-in-1 tablet/laptops: a Surface Pro 3 and a Dell Inspiron 11 3000. I had Windows 8.1 on both but Win 8.1 is getting to be really poorly supported now. IE11 in tablet mode just sucks, and a lot of the basic Windows Apps like the News app and the Twitter app are really buggy and poorly supported now.

So as an experiment, I did a clean install of the latest version (Creator's Build) of Win10 on the Inspiron and I must say, Win10 has come a really long way in tablet support. Tablet functionality is very good now. The start menu works very well in tablet mode. The 2-in-1 seamlessly switches between tablet and desktop mode when it detects that the keyboard has been unfolded. The Edge browser now supports swiping right and left for page forward and back, and it has full support for popular add-ons like uBlock Origin. The Win10 version of the news app is awesome, and so is the Twitter app.

I'm going to play with it for a week and probably upgrade the Surface Pro to Win10 as well.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.