Microphone not working after installing Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Spring Creators Update

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Nuby1Canuby

Microphone not working after installing Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Spring Creators Update

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

I installed the Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Spring Creators Update on April 30, 2018. My microphone had no sound in TS3 or Discord after installing it.
Start, Settings, Privacy, Microphone, Allow apps to access your microphone was set to Off. Once I changed it to On the microphone was working again.
Discord would light up when I pressed my Push to Talk key but there was no sound. TeamSpeak 3 would give the error message that no capture device was installed as soon as I connected to a TS3 server.

The strange thing is my old Q6600 PC which doesn't have the 1803 update installed, has Allow apps to access your microphone set to off and TeamSpeak 3 works fine.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Microphone not working after installing Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Spring Creators Update

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I was reading up on this after you told me about it and I think the difference is that in the previous Win10 version it only applied to Windows Store apps.

Because of the new security changes in Win 10 which creates isolation between ALL running apps, the privacy settings are now universal.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "