Windows 10 1809 finally released and it has new problems

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Windows 10 1809 finally released and it has new problems

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Honestly. Do yourselves a favor and pay the $99 to upgrade WIn10 Home to Pro and just defer these "feature" updates for the full 18 months. it's worth it. I refuse to be their Guinea Pig.

Windows 10 1809's new rollout: Mapped drives broken, AMD issues, Trend Micro clash
https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-1 ... cro-clash/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Re: Windows 10 1809 finally released and it has new problems

Post by Err »

If you have a spare Win 7 or 8 pro key, you can also use it to upgrade to pro.

This update flat out needs pulled. I think one of the reasons they are trying to push it is Ray Tracing. Although it only affects NVidia 20xx users, apparently ray tracing requires this new update. It's so odd that they decided to implement this feature on the OS level.

I'm tired of having "feature updates" at all. Let us at least choose what we want to install rather than cleaning up Window's mess afterwards. I've lost count of how many of these new features I've turned off.